- 1 Bell Pepper (any color)
- 1 Zucchini or Yellow Sqash
- 1/2 Yellow or Sweet Onion
- Lots (couple ounces per person) Shredded Cheddar
- 4-6 6" or medium Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil (I use Olive Oil)
- 1 Avocado
Tacos are one of those dish’s that we eat in our home a couple times a week. I like this meal because it is full of good stuff and very guilt free when it comes to calories. Worst-case scenario is that you skip out on the tortillas.
- First prep all of your vegetables for cooking (minus the avocado). I like to dice all of mine into half inch squares.
- If you are going to use tofu, you can use my tofu bacon recipe.
- I also like to add my black bean puree to the party.
- Prepping the veggies for grilling
- Put all of the cut veggies in a mixing bowl
- Add the olive oil and taco seasoning
- Stir the veggies until they are all coated
- Pre heat your grill with the grilling skillet
- Cook the veggies on the skillet until they have a little charring on them. Be cautious to not over cook them. A little charring for flavor and that’s it. I like my veggies to still have a little crunch to them.
- Slice your avocado
- Toast some tortillas
- I have a gas stove so I just toast a few tortillas right before its time to eat.
- Make sure that you have some shredded cheese on the table!
- Greek Yogurt or Guacamole make a great addition as well.
Check me our at @vegreceipecent