- 1 head Cabbage
- 2 Yellow Onion
- 2 Green Peppers
- 2 Large Carrots
- 2 packs Simex Wrappers (I prefer the individually Separated Sheets)
- for frying Olive Oil
- to preferred taste Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- for dip Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
This is a family recipe that my mom taught me. This recipe is so good that my mom would barter with it. People would fix things in the house or plow the snow out of our driveway for these. This is the recipe that I am the most proud of.
- First you have to cut all of the vegetables
- I quarter the cabbage then julienne cut into 1/8th of an inch strips
- Dice the onions and peppers in to 1/8th inch squares
- Shred the carrots like cheese
- Using a large wok
- Add a table spoon of olive oil
- Begin cooking the onions on medium heat
- Add all of the cabbage when the edges of the onions start to turn clear. The cabbage may not all fit into the wok at once, but it will all eventually fit as it cooks down. I stir by pushing the contents down and towards the center then push the center out to the edges. This is kind of like folding.
- After all of the cabbage is in the wok and the cabbage is about half soft (cooked) add the carrots and peppers.
- This is when I salt, pepper, and add soy souse to taste. You shouldn’t need more than a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- All of the vegetable should be cooked after about 20 minutes.
- Next build your lumpia assembly station.
- Cutting board
- Lumpia wrappers
- Bowl of water
- Cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- First place the lumpia wrapper on the cutting board
- I add one soup spoon full of veggies to the bottom center
- I then pull the bottom of the wrapper over the veggies to almost half way up the wrapper
- Fold the left and right side over, then roll like a burrito
- Dab some water along the edges of the top to seal it shut and put on the cookie sheet
- The traditional way is to fry them in about a half inch of oil until all sides are golden. This of course tastes the best.
If you want the step-by-step instructions that include cooking and wrapping/rolling, buy my ebook for only $1 at the bottom of this page.
100 0 100 2