- 1 can Black Beans
- Large tortillas
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
The Vegetarian Burrito
In my opinion, this is one of those vegetarian recipes that will impress anyone with any dietary preferences. If you simply want to cook to impress a vegetarian, this is also the recipe. It’s a hearty dish; in fact, one burrito can easily last for two meals. It’s also an “any meal” recipe. That means you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s easy to make and does not take too long (depending on how well you multi-task in the kitchen).
Quick plug for a cookbook that I just discovered!
Awesome! Awesome! book. This book has taught me how to mix unbelievably delicious flavors. I’m not vegan but this books is. The flavors are so powerful that you’ll never care that your eating vegan. I roast my own nuts with flavoring recipes inspired by this book. Please check it out!
What you will need:
Prepare all of your ingredients. You are going to need to grill veggies, broil some potatoes, puree black beans, and cook rice. So let’s get started.
Cut your onion, zucchini, and pepper into ½” – ¾” pieces.
• Preheat your barbeque grill and Grilling Skillet
• Place into a mixing bowl
• Toss with a teaspoon of olive oil and a couple dashes of taco seasoning
• Cook on the Grilling Skillet until charring can be seen on most of the veggies
Step 2. Make your baked home fries using this recipe: Baked Home Fries
Step 3. Prepare your black beans using this recipe: Black Bean Puree
Step 4. Now let’s talk about Cilantro Rice.
• First cook a ½ cup of ling grain brown rice in a rice cooker
• Mix the cooked rice with half a cup chopped fresh cilantro in a mixing bowl
• Toast or heat the tortillas on the stovetop. Hint: if you smell them burning then they are burning (that’s what you want) so do this one at a time and watch carefully.
• Build this masterpiece on a clean cutting board.
o Toasted tortilla
o Baked Home Fries
o Cilantro Rice
o Grilled Veggies
Fold and roll like this
Enjoy! Please like and share!