Thug Kitchen – Smoked Almond & Chickpea Salad Sammies
So, I purchased this book to get “inspired.” I keep cooking me and my family the same things over and over again, and while there were no complaints, I wanted something different on my taste buds. This book gets great reviews on Amazon.com and the previews were catchy so I thought I would give it a try. When I got the book, the I immediately starting browsing for fun, new recipes. I bookmarked about ten or so and this particular recipe was the first thing I made.
I normally improvise in the kitchen, but with this one, I made it exactly according to the recipe and let me tell you – IT WAS AWESOME! I could not believe how great they tasted and they were really unlike anything else I’d ever made. The Smoked Almonds were so good that ‘ve made them several times since just to have around as a snack. Also, the almonds are a bit time consuming so when you have those already prepared, whipping up the rest of the recipe can be quick.
So to say the least, I recommend this entire cookbook. Here is why:
- The recipes are entertaining. I am a 35-year-old male and I really appreciate the down-to-earth-vulgar language in the book. I think it is funny and you will too.
- This recipe forced me to add some new ingredients to my arsenal, like liquid smoke and nutritional yeast. It turns out I actually like nutritional yeast. Who knew?
- It is vegan. I am not vegan. I know you want to ask “so, why do I like it? “I like the simplicity of vegan food. In my experience, vegan food is low ingredient, non-processed food when made at home. Also, Oreos are vegan and I love those cookies.
So in summary, get it for these reasons:
- You are vegan or vegetarian
- You don’t know how to cook
- You don’t know what to cook (me)
- You know a vegan or vegetarian
- You have $12.01 burning a hole in your pocket (Amazon’s price on Dec 2016)
- You want to try kick-ass nuts. Seriously, they are so good. Buy it just to make the nuts and you’ll still get your monies worth.
I am not going to post the recipe in respect to the authors. I bought this life changing book and you can too. It’s really easy and cheap on Amazon. Instead you can just drool over my amateur pictures of this masterpiece.