- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 block Baked Tofu (should be next to the other tofu at the store)
- As much as you want Mild Cheddar
- As much as you want Corn Chips (I used Food Should Taste Good Quinoa Chips)
- 1/2 can or 7 oz Black Beans
- 1 Pepper Green Pepper
- 1/2 onion Yellow Onion
- Hot Sauce (I use Cholula)
- 1 Table Spoon Taco Seasoning
This is a recipe that is intended to inspire. One thing that I look forward to on the weekends is cooking breakfast for my family. One dish that both my wife and I enjoy is Huevos Rancheros. On the particular weekend that I created this masterpiece I didn’t have two key ingredients 6” corn tortillas and ranchero sauce or salsa. What I did have was Food Should Taste Good Chips, Cholula Sauce, and a desire to impress my wife with an awesome breakfast.
Take a swing at it and let me know what you do. You will see that I made two variations tofu and eggs. My wife doesn’t eat eggs but she love fried baked tofu.
- Cook the rice and quinoa in a rice cooker with the taco seasoning
- Heat the black beans on a frying pan or microwave. You can season them with salt and pepper if desired.
- Slice and fry the tofu in a frying pan. Season with salt and pepper or soy sauce. Just searing each side.
- Grade your fresh cheese. Or, open your bag of pre-shredded cheese. :\
- Dice your pepper and onion and sauté with the cooking oil that you have handy.
- After the rice & quinoa is done cooking mix it with the black beans, green pepper, and onion in a mixing bowl.
- Build your nachos
- bed of chips
- topped with rice and veggie mix
- topped with tofu and cheese
- The final step is to broil in the oven on high until the cheese has melted.