- 1 per person Medium Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Barbecue Seasoning/Rub
This is another one of those things that is eaten in my home weekly. Whenever we go out for breakfast, we order home fries. I personally love potatoes and think most people do too. If you want to impress a meat eater, just make them a potato dish; add cheese and they will be happy. Do you ever hear someone say, “I don’t like cheese fries?” Exactly. So since we like potatoes so much, I had to think of a way to enjoy them while cutting out a few calories and that is where this recipe comes in. I broil them in the oven with a little olive oil so they come out perfectly crispy even without frying them.
- Put oven on Broil – High
- Cut your potatoes into 1” chunks
- Place them in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with a paper towel. Heat for one-minute. Note potatoes will be cooked half-way and that’s all you want.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add a light coating of olive oil and your preferred seasoning. I use BBQ rub flavoring. Stir/toss until evenly coated.
- Place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silplat cooking mat.
- Place the cookie sheet on the top rack of the oven and broil for about 10 minutes or until they are golden. I suggest you keep an eye on them.